Social Responsibility - Tee manufacture
Tee's are produced using blank tee's by AS colour and are then printed in Sydney, Australia. Please see below for more information on both of these processes.
Social Responsibility AS Colour – manufacturing and Code of Conduct
Hand-picked factories with safe, fair, legal and humane working conditions.
At AS Colour we seek out the best factories in each specialty. We may interview up to fifty factories before selecting one to make our products. Each factory is based on a certain fabric and an assured production capacity. All our factories get a regular order every six weeks, giving them certainty around work and income. We choose to work closely with fewer factories that we know well. Importantly, all AS Colour's products are produced under safe, fair, legal and humane working conditions throughout our supply chain.
AS Colour is proudly certified Child Labor Free to Manufacturing level. Child Labor Free is a certification that independently inspects and analyses supply chains for the use of child labor.
Child Labor Free certification empowers consumers to recognise brands that do not use child labor and supports brands to ensure child labor does not exist in their supply chains. Child Labor Free is a certification mark that provides best assurance that the product or brand carrying the mark has met the required standard.
150 GSM T-SHIRTS / SINGLETS – DHAKA, BANGLADESH
A reputable and reliable supplier that consistently maintains and meets our high standards.
- Working with AS Colour since 2013
- We have recently moved two of our oldest and best styles, the 5002 Paper Tee and 4002 Wafer Tee, to this factory. They are, so far, the only factory that has been able to maintain our high standard for 150 GSM cotton
- They have a medical centre which provides free medical treatment; they also have a contract with a hospital to provide advanced medical treatment for employees if needed
- Certifications: BSCI Certificate, Oeko-Tex Certificate, Fire and Safety Accord
CODE OF CONDUCT
AS Colour’s Code of Conduct, first and foremost, expresses the importance we place on social responsibility. It guides us in operating with the highest standards of business ethics and respect for human rights.
We work with great people and we care for their well-being. We care how we do business, who we do business with, and how people are treated. This Code helps us ensure we and our suppliers act responsibly and provide safe, fair, legal and humane working conditions.
- We require each of our factories to comply with the Code as part of their contracts. This ensures they adhere to standards that meet or exceed internationally acceptable good labour practices found in law, regulations and treaties (especially those from the International Labour Organisation).
- Requiring compliance with the Code helps to set out our expectations for conducting business. It’s also part of how we encourage continual improvement of local standards in all the areas in which we work.
- All of our factories must agree to external audits. They are expected to make improvements where standards are not met, to meet ongoing compliance. We insist on proof of correction within a reasonable timeline for each non-compliance. This is a must for AS Colour to continue working with a supplier.
- We aim for transparency and traceability at all levels of our supply chain. All suppliers are required to map, track and monitor all locations in all levels of their supply chain and provide transparency information when we request it.
All tees are printed in Brisbane, Australia using a direct to garment printing method. I strongly believe in supporting small business and using suppliers in Australia as much as possible.
- All staff are paid a fair wage
- All garments stocked are ethical
- Donate to BRAC and The Clean Clothes Campaign to help raise the living conditions of garment workers around the world
- Garment donations are made to Orange Sky Laundry
- All used ink carts are recycled with Cartridges 4 Planet Ark
- All inks are eco-friendly